So you like Mega Man? Like Virtua Figher? Like .hack? Did you ever have a dream in which all those characters met and did battle on a grand scale in a strategy rpg?
No? Me neither.
But apparently someone in Japan did, and now the three companies behind these properties and more are joining forces for Project X Zone, to be released on the Nintendo 3DS. Now, while no release date has been given, and no trailer has shown up yet, a list of characters from the game has been published. So far, here’s who’s in:
- Ryu & Ken (Street Fighter 0)
- X and Zero (Mega Man)
- Demitri and Dante (Darkstalkers, Devil May Cry)
- Chris and Jill (Resident Evil)
- Shinguji Sakura and Ogami Ichiro (Sakura Wars)
- Pai and Akira (Virtua Fighter)
- Kurt and Riela (Valkyria Chronicles)
- Ulala and Touma (Space Channel 5, Shining Force EXA)
- Sanger Somvold (Super Robot Wars)
- Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
- Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga)
- Yurie and Estel (Tales of Vesperia)
- Kaito and Black Rose (.hack)
IGN has more details here, though they are sparse at this time. Keep watching them, (AND US) for breaking news on what could be one of the most interesting games ever released for the 3DS.
Latest posts by Marty (see all)
- Transformers Tuesday 5/14/13 – Beast Hunters returns, Abominus giftset revealed, Generations Sandstorm, and more! - May 14, 2013
- My Little Pony: Equestria Girls set to hit theaters nationwide on June 16 - May 13, 2013
- FIYAH! Check out the teaser trailer for Catching Fire right here! - April 15, 2013