J.J. Abrams finally tells all; well, “who” at least.
If it hadn’t been for NBA Commissioner Adam Silver breaking out the banhammer today, the internet was well on it’s way to breaking earlier today as the cast for Star Wars: Episode VII was announced, including the photo of the cast sitting down to a readthrough at Pinewood Studios.
Were there any huge surprises for us Jedi-faithful and Sith-loving fans? Well, no, not really. Here’s basically a rundown of everything you need to know:
- You were correct in assuming that Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher will be reprising their iconic roles.
- Peter Mayhew is in this thing; he must not have been a jerk to J.J. like he is to everyone at conventions. Moving on….
- Other original actors: Anthony Daniels & Kenny Baker.
- The new additions to the universe: Oscar Issac, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Dohmnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow.
- Andy Serkis is also in this film; what crazy motion capture role does he have?
- Yes, as speculated, Girls actor Adam Driver has been cast, assumedly to be some form of villain, in the film. GRRRROOOOAAAAAN.
- Abrams co-wrote this script with Lawrence Kasdan, the writer of The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi.
- Sadly, it appears that you can throw all of your expanded universe novels out the window.
- Star Wars: Episode VII hits the silver screen on December 18th, 2015.
Are you excited about these announcements and the upcoming film? Let us know!